Tuesday 8 November 2016



Hello and welcome.

I'm Sam, a crocheter, knitter, designer and tech editor. I learned to knit and crochet when I was in my early teens, but in the last decade this love for creating fabric from yarn has gradually taken over my life!

I have been working as a crochet designer over the last 6 years, mostly on commission and for a local gallery. I recently gave myself a much needed break when my health was suffering, and returned to purely selfish crafting. I also realised that, despite all the hats, mittens and scarves I've made over the years, I had to resort to shop-bought for myself!

It is usually a relaxing pleasure to make things from a pattern, but sometimes there is a jarring inaccuracy, or the pattern is unclear. Even if it's possible to work out what was meant, it can change a pleasant experience into a chore. Too many times I have seen people turn away from a pattern because of the mistakes.

Having completed Joeli's Learn to Tech Edit course, I'm able to put my maths skills and my error spotting to good use - helping other designers publish clear, error-free patterns which are a delight to use.

If you are a designer looking to get a pattern ready to publish, see my Tech Editing page for more information, and get in touch!

1 comment:

  1. Another significant factor to consider in picking a Canada weight reduction spa is the value that you need to pay to profit of their administrations.A weight reduction spa that charges high expenses does not really imply that it is better. http://muscleshealthpro.com

    ReplyDelete